At any given times, we have multiple projects going on.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us to get involved. We always welcome volunteers for our projects.
- Ithaca / Finger Lakes Reduces – BYO (Bring Your Own) Sticker program inspired by Canada Reduces and Zero Waste Chef. We are an active part of the national US Reduces network.
- Can Carrier Reuse Program
- Policy works to make Ithaca a Zero Waste City.
- Students Moveout / Dumpster Study
- Real Glass Recycling Initiative
- The Jungle, Trash and Equity
- Trash Pickups – on our own and co-hosting with Paddle-n-More, Friends of Stewart Park and Ithaca Rotary Club – always mad hat-tips off to Ithaca’s original Glorious Trash Birds.
- Reuse and exchange through Buy Nothing: Gifting with Integrity gift economy groups
- Other projects on our radar:
- Encouraging individual food establishments to create its own in-house returnable deposit container programs
- Area-wide reuse & refill eco-system of wash and delivery of dishes for reuse for deposit, for small food businesses with no machine dishwashers on site
- Area-wide composting eco-system – Food scraps and organic matters don’t belong to landfills! We see composting primarily as a simple method for climate mitigation and waste reduction that everybody should participate as a matter of civic duty
- Area-wide system for wine bottle reuse for the area wineries and cideries
We also do social events once a month such as Zero Waste potlucks, sewing get-together, hiking and film gatherings, etc. Please check our facebook event page to see what’s up.